Introduction to Web of Science & Scopus
Who should participate?
This webinar is designed primarily for doctoral candidates and other early career researchers planning to write dissertations or scientific articles who are not familiar with citation databases. Anyone interested in improving their academic searching skills or learning more about academic journals and metrics is also welcome to attend.
What topics will be covered?
Learn how to use citation databases effectively to improve your understanding of research in your field at the global level. Topics include (but are not limited to):
- What are citation databases, and how can I use them to support my research activities?
- How do I identify seminal articles in my field quickly?
- What journals are important in my field?
- How do I find various journal metrics (e.g., impact factor and CiteScore)
- What is an h-index, how do I find mine, and how is it used?
Date and time: Tuesday, April 26, 3:00 – 4:30 p.m.
Format and language: Webinar in English
For: All students, PhD candidates
Webinars are free of charge and you do not need to be registered with the library. We will send you detailed instructions for connecting to the given webinar by email after the registration.