The mission of the position is to provide optimal administrative support to the day-to-day administration of science activities by supporting EC projects activities, to provide budgetary and expenditure control of these activities and to provide support for ESF information and communication activities (newsletter, publications).
This position will involve:
- Organising scientific meetings and events; providing administrative support for EC projects activities. This will be done through advance planning and may include logistical on-site support;
- Ensuring high-quality documentation for meetings is provided in an appropriate form and in a timely manner. Documentation will include draft agendas and supporting papers and action sheets and minutes as necessary;
- Ensuring the follow-up of actions as necessary;
- Making optimal and cost-effective travel arrangements as requested;
- Acting as a contact point for scientists involved in ESF scientific activities;
- Undertaking appropriate financial and budgetary control in line with ESF Financial Rules, including Delegated Financial Authority. Verifying and controlling invoices and claims for expenses and providing relevant information to Finance service so as to allow for the timely and regular presentation of financial reports and, as appropriate, within the terms of contractual agreements;
- Maintaining and updating relevant Web pages and providing support for ESF information and communication activities (newsletter, publications…);
- Entering and updating relevant data into ESF information systems, in compliance with ESF Procedural Rules;
- Undertaking other administrative duties as necessary and at the request of the Management.
The Administrator should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Degree or equivalent administrative/secretarial qualifications with a minimum experience of 2-5years, preferably in an international environment;
- Proven administrative experience of the organisation of meetings and travels and knowledge of office procedures
- High standard of spoken and written English as the working language;
- Good practical working knowledge of MS Office systems (especially MS Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint and Web tools);
- Knowledge of financial and budgetary control.
- Good organisational skills and capacity to deliver on allocated tasks and respond in a timely manner to deadlines;
- Ability to manage priorities;
- Task-orientated, responsible and autonomous, and continuously improvement-minded;
- Strong inter-personal and communication qualities within a multi-national context, including discretion, diplomacy and tolerance;
- Transparency in working and a team-orientated work ethic (both in terms of Unit and corporate working);
- Commitment to “customer care” with colleagues throughout the organisation and to ensuring external customer satisfaction;
- Positive and constructive attitude.
- This full-time position is expected to start asap.
- 12 months contract + possible extension/CDI.