Applications due: September, 30, 2022
Employment start date: By mutual agreement
This position is aimed to strengthen the teaching activities at the department in the following areas
- Foundations of quantum computing
- Foundations of AI
- Non-Imperative programming
- Foundations of formal verification
Job description key points:
- Involvement in teaching
- Supervision of Master/Bachelor theses and consultancy or co-supervision of PhDs
- Preparation of new courses
- Active international cooperation in research
- Involvement in project activities
- PhD in computer science or a closely related discipline
- Excellent publication record
- Experience in teaching and supervising small projects
- Passion for problem solving and desire for continuous improvement in teaching skills
- Experience with active participation in research projects
Desired skills and achievements:
- Ability to work well in interdisciplinary teams
- Experience with research project team leadership is an advantage.
- The starting salary is 76,500 CZK with no bonuses. This amount is guaranteed for at most 3 years. Within this period the applicant must enter the faculty personal evaluation scheme, which may modify the salary according to the level of involvement in the research and educational projects
- The position is intended as a tenure-track position, however, the initial contract will be limited to three years. The contract will be prolonged automatically in case of satisfactory research and teaching performance.
Applicants must submit:
- degree documents
- summary of work experience, publication and teaching activities and involvement in research
- cover letter explaining applicant's interest in the position
- title and abstract of a lecture that can be presented as a part of the application process
- names and contacts of two professional referees
Please submit your application, including all required documents, preferably online via the MU e-application at Assistant Professor Position with the Department of Computer Science | Masaryk University (muni.cz).
If e-submission is not possible, we also accept a paper application with a declaration of the reason for the such submission.
Further information is available:
Zdroj: Masarykova univerzita