This position is aimed to strengthen the work of the Natural Language Processing Centre (NLP Centre - https://nlp.fi.muni.cz/) at the Faculty of Informatics. NLP Centre conducts basic and applied research in all areas of text and speech analysis and knowledge engineering with applications in data analysis projects (often in cooperation with industrial partners) and education of future language and data analysts. Besides research and education, the abilities to work with a team of graduate students on research targeting top NLP conferences and to engage undergraduate and graduate students in both educational and research exercises are crucial.
Job description key points
- Active international cooperation, in research and education.
- Involvement in teaching in the natural language processing area.
- Supervision of Master/Bachelor theses and consultancy or co-supervision of PhDs.
- Involvement in expanding industrial cooperation in the natural language processing area.
- PhD in Informatics or related discipline.
- Passion for problem solving and desire for continuous improvement in teaching skills.
- Existing track record in both education and research in natural language processing.
- Expert knowledge in (several) areas covered by courses:
- PA153 Natural Language Processing
- IA161 Natural Language Processing in Practice
- PA164 Machine learning and natural language processing
- PA154 Language Modeling
- PV061 Machine Translation
- PV277 Programming Applications for Social Robots
- PA156 Dialogue Systems
- IB047 Introduction to Corpus Linguistics and Computer Lexicography
- Practical involvement in the development phase of software project(s) with ability to demonstrate tools developed and showcase data analyses performed.
- Dynamic, flexible personality, able to work well in teams.
- Languages – fluent English (both spoken and written), other language(s) welcome.
- experience from other countries than Czech & Slovak republics (at least half a year).
Desired skills and achievements
- Experience with research achievements published at the top NLP conferences or best journals publishing NLP research results.
- Ability to work well in interdisciplinary teams.
- Successfully defended Bachelor and/or Master theses supervised.
- Experience with research project team leadership is an advantage.
- Open-source projects development and maintenance.
The starting salary for this Assistant Professor position is 76,500 CZK, and with the progress in this tenure-track position can in no more than 3 years be modified based on the level of involvement in research and educational projects.
Applicants should submit
- degree documents;
- summary of work experience, publication and teaching activities and involvement in research grants;
- cover letter explaining your interest in the position and the IT area;
- title and abstract of a lecture that can be presented as a part of the application process;
- names and contacts of three professional and language referees.
Please submit your application, including all required documents, preferably online via the MU e-application at Assistant Professor Position in Natural Language Processing | Masaryk University (muni.cz)
Deadline: 30 September 2022
In case this way of submission would not be possible, we also accept a paper application with a declaration of the reason for the such submission.
Further information is available
Zdroj: Masarykova univerzita