We seek highly motivated researchers doctoral position in EMOROB, a research project ‘Robots, Computing the Human, and Autism/Cultural Imaginations of Autism Diagnosis and Emotion AI (principal investigator Eva Šlesingerová, supported by EXPRO of the Czech Science Foundation, 2023-2027).
Department: Department of Sociology – Faculty of Social Studies
Deadline: 20 Feb 2023
Start date: May 2023 (negotiable)
Job type: full-time
Job field: Science and research
A prospective doctoral student is expected to:
- Demonstrate interest in the topic and their research skills
- Have successfully completed an MA in social anthropology, STS or a social science discipline
- Ability to work in a team, excellent communication, problem solving skills, time-management skills, ability to work autonomously on the research topic
- Speak and write in English on a C1 level
- Full-time job (40 hours per week) in Brno.
- Flexibility in working hours, home office and international fieldwork sites
- Access to Czech excellent public services and welfare schemes, including health insurance and a good work-life balance support.
- 35 000 – 38 000 CZK/month gross salary for a doctoral student (median wage in the Czech Republic: 29 123 CZK)
- Job offer for one year with an expected extension upon mutual satisfaction with the first year
- Working in an international team on exciting new research, close cooperation with accomplished teams and researchers in Europe and beyond, active support for professional development (knowledge and experience sharing in the team, support in grant applications, a wide range of activities supported by the university – language courses, sports activities, career development plans, etc.)
- Six weeks (30 working days) of vacation
More information about the project, positions and the application form can be found here.
Zdroj: Masarykova univerzita