We seek highly motivated researchers for two postdoctoral in EMOROB, a research project ‘Robots, Computing the Human, and Autism/Cultural Imaginations of Autism Diagnosis and Emotion AI (principal investigator Eva Šlesingerová, supported by EXPRO of the Czech Science Foundation, 2023-2027).
Department: Department of Sociology – Faculty of Social Studies
Deadline: 20 Feb 2023
Start date: May 2023 (negotiable)
Job type: full-time
Job field: Science and research
Each postdoc is expected to:
- Have successfully completed their Ph. D., preferably in sociology, social anthropology, STS, philosophy (previous research in the areas of the history of the science/robotics, medical sociology, anthropology and philosophy of HRI, science, health, or posthumanism is an advantage)
- Have published in English in respected journals or with recognized publishers
- Work flexibly in an international team (ability to combine research in archives with: attending both in-person workshops and regular online meeting, as well as with possibility of teaching at Department of Sociology/Social Anthropology program)
- Ability to work in a team, excellent communication, problem solving skills, time-management skills, ability to work autonomously on the research topic
- Full-time job (40 hours per week) in Brno.
- Flexibility in working hours, home office and international fieldwork sites
- Access to Czech excellent public services and welfare schemes, including health insurance and a good work-life balance support.
- 50 000 – 55 000 CZK/month gross salary for a postdoc (median wage in the Czech Republic: 29 123 CZK)
- Job offer for one year with an expected extension upon mutual satisfaction with the first year
- Working in an international team on exciting new research, close cooperation with accomplished teams and researchers in Europe and beyond, active support for professional development (knowledge and experience sharing in the team, support in grant applications, a wide range of activities supported by the university – language courses, sports activities, career development plans, etc.)
- Six weeks (30 working days) of vacation
More information about the project, positions and the application form can be found here.
Zdroj: Masarykova univerzita