CEITEC MU aims to contribute, through scientific research in structural biology, plant biology, molecular medicine, and neurobiology, to solutions of major societal challenges in precise biomedicine and sustainable agriculture. CEITEC MU is home to currently 37 research group as well as 11 core facilities that provide the infrastructure necessary to support our research. Over seven years of its existence, CEITEC has developed a distinct brand and is currently recognized as one of leading research institutions in Central and Eastern Europe. However, we are planning for further enhancement of both our reputation and performance. In particular, we also want to improve our capacity to target our various and diverse audiences with a tailored message.
Our institute values diversity and promotes an inclusive working environment with the aim to support the best people.
We are now looking for new PR and Communication Manager as the current post holder has accepted another challenge outside academic sector.
What can you expect here?
As PR and Communication Manager, your key task will be to effectively convey a message about what we do as a scientific institute, and why it is important to society. You will also coordinate internal communication to ensure that everyone is updated with strategic directions and important events and developments in the organization. Whether or not you have experience in the academic sector, you should be interested to explore the role of life sciences in current society and for the future.
You should be a natural networker. In your role, you will work closely with the Director and other members of institute´s management, but namely, on a daily basis, you will interact with our scientists and the whole community. As an institution, we also engage in advocacy for science, at the national and international level, in cooperation with other partners. For all these tasks, you will need a sense of initiative and sound judgment together with the ability to prioritize and to coordinate multiple tasks at a time, often involving people or other factors outside your control. Ability to build relationships of trust is essential.
The position of PR and Communication Manager is located within the Director´s Office, and the position holder attends meetings of the management of the institute. In your role as defined by the job specification below, you will be supported by a small team under your lead.
While CEITEC has become one of the strongest brands in science in this country and this region of Europe, you will be encouraged to think afresh about our PR and communication practices. CEITEC MU supports innovation not only through science but also in its operation.
- HSome experience in PR and communication (at least around two years)
- Fluent (written and oral) communication in Czech and English (English is the working language within the institute)
- MS Office advanced user skills
- Social media skills
- Management and organizational skills
- Prior work experience in academic sector (university or research institute) is not required but is desirable.
- Coordination and management of PR and communication of the institute with the aim of fostering the CEITEC brand, and to support the vision and goals of the Institute's Strategic Plan. Management of a team (2 Event Managers, PR Administrator, PR Assistant).
- Management, update, and implementation of an institutional communication strategy
- Fostering CEITEC brand towards a wide range of target audiences (general public, a scientific community within the Czech Republic and internationally, industry, civic society, educational sector, government)
- Role of spokesperson for the organization
- Coordination of internal communication within the institute
- Management of the PR and communication team (as above)
- Coordination and management of dedicated budget to support PR, communication and events
- Participation in national and international collaborations in PR and communication (membership and/or coordination of working groups within alliances of scientific institutes: EU-LIFE, Alliance4Life)
- Cooperation with scientific community and administration of CEITEC MU to support dissemination of project results
In addition to salary entitlement that is determined under internal regulations of Masaryk University and commensurate with responsibility and experience, we offer other benefits including six weeks of paid holidays annually. Working conditions at CEITEC MU, which is an open and dynamic organization that applies best practices in a similar way to business, are flexible. CEITEC MU also actively supports personal and professional growth of our people.
The position is open until filled, and preference will be given to the best candidate, not to time aspect.
For informal inquiries about the position, Jana Šilarová, who is the outgoing PR and Communication Manager, is available at +420 724 930 599.
If we don´t give you feedback within four weeks from the date of sending your CV to us, other candidates were chosen for the first round of a selection procedure. In justified cases, the announcer may extend, interrupt or cancel the selection procedure.
Our institute with its modern building can be found at University Campus Brno-Bohunice. For more information please go to our websites HERE.
Zdroj: CEITEC MU