- Pracoviště: Ústav molekulární biologie rostlin
- Pracovněprávní vztah: Pracovní smlouva
- Typ pracovní pozice: Administrativní
- Doba trvání: Doba určitá
- Pracovní úvazek: Plný
- Datum nástupu: 1. 1. 2023
Within the framework of a new ERA Chair project at the Institute of Plant Molecular Biology (Biology Centre, Czech Academy of Sciences) in collaboration with Prof. Jiri Friml, ISTA, Austria, we are looking for a skilled and motivated PROJECT MANAGER to support the activities of the ERA Chair and the institute.
More about planned research within the ERA Chair program here.
The Institute of Plant Molecular Biology (IPMB, www.umbr.cas.cz) is part of the Biology Centre of the Czech Academy of Sciences (BC, www.bc.cas.cz), a public research institution dedicated to the investigation of ecological, evolutionary and developmental aspects of life. BC consists of five autonomous research institutes: Entomology, Hydrobiology, Parasitology, Plant Molecular Biology, and Soil Biology and Biogeochemistry. BC is located in České Budějovice, Czech Republic at a research campus shared with the University of South Bohemia. BC is one of the largest research institutions in Czechia with more than 800 employees, 30% are non-Czech researchers from 44 countries. More than 140 research projects are currently running at BC, including ERC, EMBO, MSCA, H2020 and Horizon Europe projects.
IPMB currently hosts six research groups focused on molecular cytogenetics, biophysics and biochemistry, epigenetics, molecular signalling, virology and photosynthesis. Two new research groups will be established in 2023. IPMB is fully equipped for competitive plant molecular biology research with sufficient laboratory and office space, and state-of-the-art plant cultivation facility.
The project manager will be responsible for complex administration support of the project, including, but not limited to:
- administration of project amendments and support in the preparation of interim and final reports
- completion and checking of documents for reporting (accounting and tax documents, business trips)
- staff documentation, attendance reports, timesheets
- ensuring documents from project investigator, formal checks and corrections
- documentation and archiving of project materials
Minimum level of education: secondary
- are highly motivated individuals with experience in project management or related fields
- speak excellent Czech and English (other languages are beneficial)
- are familiar with Czech and international (EU) funding schemes and have experience in supporting scientists in identifying suitable calls for funding and assist them in preparing applications
- have experience in organizing scientific events
- background in science and understanding of modern molecular (plant) science is beneficial
- full time position for five years (2023–2027) with possibility of extension
- starting date (negotiable) on 01 Jan 2023
- English speaking, stimulating and friendly environment
Other employment benefits
- 1 extra week of holiday, i.e. 5 weeks of paid holiday per year in total
- subsidized lunches in our own canteen
- benefits from Social fund
- working in a stable, prestigious research institution of international importance
- friendly international working environment
- support of leisure time activities
- free language classes – Czech for foreigners, English for Czechs (the capacity is limited)
- opportunity to take part in mentoring programmes as a mentor or a mentee
- concessionary mobile tariff at the contractual operator
- concessionary banking services at the contractual bank
How to apply:
Please submit your motivation letter and structured CV including previous activities and other relevant output as well as contacts for two references (max 4 pages) via the SEND FORM button here by October 31 2022 23:59 CET. All documents in the application should be in English.
Interviews with selected applicants will be held after the application deadline.
Zdroj: Biologické centrum AV ČR